Activating the Locast App on TV Streaming Devices
If you have added Locast to your Roku device, you have the option of logging in using your email address and password or an activation code. Activating Locast on Roku is just another way of logging in.
1. Navigate to the "Login with Code" button at the top of the login screen
2. Please go to www.locast.org/activate via computer/mobile device or scan the QR code.
3. If you are not logged into your Locast account, you will be required to do so before you can activate Locast.
4. Once logged in, enter the code exactly as it is displayed on the lower right of your TV screen.
5. Once this code has been submitted your TV will refresh to display the Live TV Guide.
If you would prefer to login by entering your email address and password via the onscreen keyboard, please see this article.
Once you have downloaded and installed the Locast app on Apple TV, Fire TV or Android TV, you will be required to activate it. Activating Locast is just another way of logging in.
1. Leave the activation screen up on your TV
2. Go to www.locast.org and click Login (to the right of the bell icon)
3. Once you are logged in, click Activate near the top left of the page next to Live TV Guide. (If you are using a mobile device tap the 3 horizontal lines to display the Menu)
4. Enter activation code and click the orange SUBMIT button
5. Within a few seconds your TV will refresh to display your Live TV Guide
Helpful Hints: When activating Locast you must use a separate device that is connected to the same internet network, you must be logged into your existing account associated with your donation subscription(if applicable) and the code must be entered in all capital letters. If any of these conditions are not met, you will not be able to activate Locast. If you are activating via a mobile browser, please click the 3 horizontal lines to display the menu.
Geolocation Errors on TV Streaming Devices
Geolocation can be tricky with ROKU, APPLE TV, ANDROID TV, and FIRE TV devices as they do not have built in GPS/location services like other devices do. If you are receiving a location error on one of these devices, please logout of Locast.org and ...
How can I access Locast?
Viewing your local channels via Locast is possible on a variety of devices. Computers(Windows and Mac): Chrome browser Edge browser Firefox browser Opera browser Safari browser(MacOS computers only) iOS mobile devices(iPhone, iPad): Mobile Chrome ...
Why can I no longer view programming on Roku, FireTV, Apple TV or Android TV?
If you are receiving a location or out of market error, please see: Geolocation Errors on TV Streaming Devices If you are having trouble with the Locast app, please try logging out and activating again. Activating Locast is just another way of ...
Hot Spots and Satellite Internet
Hot spots and satellite internet connections do not always work with Locast apps for TV streaming devices(Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Android TV). Public IP addresses associated with these networks are not usually associated with your true ...
Locast on Roku *NEW* 8-25-2021
The Locast channel for Roku now offers more login options. New users can now create an account right from the Locast channel when you first access it: Please be advised that creating an account via the app will require you to use the onscreen ...